Policies Concerning the Handling of Personal Information
International Design Center NAGOYA Inc. (IdcN) stipulates the protection policies of personal information in order to protect and manage personal information possessed by IdcN in an appropriate manner. We fully understand the importance of personal information and are prepared to handle it with great care. To provide a better range of services, we will promote the operations stated below assume the responsibility of protecting personal information.
1. Basic Stance
We will comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning privacy protection in handling the personal information collected by IdcN.
2. Purpose of Use
We will specify the “purpose of use” of your personal information and collect your personal information with your knowledge and prior consent. We will never use your personal information except for the purpose with which we have secured your compliance. Should we need to amend the “purpose of use” of your personal information, we will send you written notice, or announce this need in advance on IdcN’s website. When we use your personal information in collaboration with our current or future affiliated parties, we will demonstrate, or announce on the IdcN website, in advance, predetermined matters including the identities of our affiliated parties that intend to use it and the specified purpose of use. We will not provide third parties with your personal information unless in such cases as specified by law or, in other cases, upon your consent.
We will use your personal information in the cases stated below:
–When we send you our notices concerning exhibitions, events, seminars, workshops and competitions in which IdcN is involved. We will use your personal design-related information when it is considered reasonable and proper by IdcN. (For example, when sending under the same cover products, service information and other printed material of current or future affiliated parties of IdcN.)
–When we send you information concerning the leasing of IdcN’s office and facilities.
–When we need to contact you regarding notices of confirmation, billing and other required service/business operations of IdcN.
IdcN’s Affiliated Parties
+ Creative Design City Nagoya Organizing Committee
+ Individual co-organizing parties of events like exhibitions, and seminars [Personal data is collected when you apply to attend or sign guest books at these events.]
3. Protection and Management
We will respond appropriately to personal data disclosure requests according to the prescribed procedure as well as within a reasonable, proper scope, upon verification of the identity of the requesting individual. The requesting individual must be the individual whose data is being discussed, or a representative of that individual. If you have questions or comments about the protection of personal information, would like to request that we not contact you, or would like to correct or delete your personal information, please contact IdcN directly.
IdcN will accept disclosure of your personal information requested by you or your proxy according to the procedures stated below.
* “The procedure for disclosure” includes reviewing the “purpose of use” of the personal data in IdcN’s possession, the disclosure of the personal data in IdcN’s possession, the correction, addition, or deletion of its content, and the cessation of the use of the personal data in IdcN’s possession.
1. Identification of Personal Data in IdcN’s Possession
In the request for disclosure, please help us identify your personal data with the following information: your name and mailing code as they appear on the address label as well as the category of mail (newsletters, direct mail, or event information via e-mail) and/or the titles or dates of exhibitions or seminars you attended, through which we may have received your personal information.
2. Intended Scope of Disclosure
In addition to the name, address, and “purpose of use”, the intended scope of disclosure will be limited to the personal data currently possessed by IdcN.
○ In the Case of Disclosure:
(1) Application Procedure
Anyone wishing to procure personal data must be the individual or his or her representative. Requests must be sent by registered mail* and accompanied by the following documents and appropriate handling fee.
* Walk-in requests are not acceptable.
(2) Required Documents
If you are the individual making the request, please send (by post) a written and signed request for disclosure, as well as documentation to verify your identity.
* Please note that we will not return any documents, including your identification document. We will eliminate these documents in a timely manner once we have responded to your request.
* If you are a representative, please send us the following documents, in addition to those stated in the section above:
* A signed and dated letter of proxy concerning the request for disclosure of the personal data.
* If you are acting as a guardian for an individual, a copy of the document giving you the right to act as a guardian from the appropriate court of domestic relations or a similar notice of determination published in a government gazette.
* If you are an individual, representing yourself, please send a notarized copy of your passport or birth certificate.
(4) Charge for Service
The handling charge for each request for disclosure is ¥300. Please enclose an international postal money order for this amount with each request.
(5) How we respond to the Request for Disclosure
We will respond to requests for disclosure in writing and by post with delivery confirmation. Our response will be addressed to you or the representative specified in the written request for disclosure.
* Please be patient, as this procedure requires postal, rather than digital, delivery.
(6) Concerning Declined Disclosure
In some cases, specified below, we will decline disclosure, but we will send a notice to you or your representative stating the reason(s). However, the handling charge specified in section (4) will still be required.
・ When we are unable to confirm the identity of the individual requesting disclosure. This is likely to occur when there is discrepancy between addresses: that in your written request, that in your identification document, and that registered on our list.
・ When we are unable to confirm that a requesting representative has the power of representation.
・ When the submitted documents are unsatisfactory.
・ When the submitted personal information does not match the data in IdcN’s possession.
・When disclosure is likely to cause harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the individual or a third party.
・When disclosure is likely to cause significant risk to the appropriate implementation of our services and activities.
・When disclosure will violate other statutes.
○ Inquiries for “Purpose of Use”, Requests for Correction, Addition or Deletion of the Content of Personal Information, and Cessation of the Use of Personal Information
(1) How to Apply
The individual or his or her representative must make the request by telephone or facsimile, via email or by post regarding the inquiries for the “purpose of use”, the correction, addition or deletion of the content of personal information, and the cessation of the use of personal information.
Please note the following facts:
* Walk-in inquiries are not acceptable.
* We must confirm the identity of the person making the request before we respond.
* We may ask you to submit specific documents.
* We may need some time to gather and supply pertinent information.
* When a representative is making the request, the documents noted below must be sent by post.
・A signed and notarized letter of proxy concerning the request.
・ If you are acting as a guardian for an individual, a copy of the document giving you the right to act as a guardian from the appropriate court of domestic relations or a similar notice of determination published in a government gazette.
* Please note that information regarding this matter and sent to us by facsimile, email or post will not be returned. Once we have responded to your request, the submitted information will be eliminated and annulled in a timely manner
(2) Charge for Service
Inquiries for the “purpose of use”, the correction, addition or deletion of the content of personal information, and the cessation of the use of personal information, upon specifying the personal data in IdcN’s possession, will be handled free of charge.
(3) Inability to Respond to Inquiries
In cases in which we are unable to respond to your inquiries because of applicable statutes or other reasons, we will send you written notification explaining our reason(s).
4. Those Ineligible for Disclosure
(1) Any information that is not relevant to the personal data in IdcN’s possession
・Data concerning automated customer services and the leasing of facilities for events, about which we have no authorized right to disclose information.
・Data destined for elimination within the first six months
(2) Those ineligible for disclosure under Article 25 of the Constitution
・ Any information whose disclosure is likely to cause harm to the rights or interests of the individual or a third party
・ Any information whose disclosure is likely to cause significant risk to the appropriate implementation of our services and activities.
・Any information whose disclosure is likely to violate other statutes.
(3) Any information that is stipulated by other statutes, in addition to those stated in sections (1) and (2)
International Design Center NAGOYA Inc.
Design Center Bldg., 18-1, Sakae 3-Chome, Naka-ku, Nagoya 460-0008 Japan
tel.: ＋81-52-265-2104 (Project Department)
hours: 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (From Monday to Fridays, except National Holidays and December 29-January 3)